HotHeads Hair Extensions
Hair Extensions have come a long way.
The old style of extensions were expensive, cumbersome, required a lot of time and maintenance, and often looked unnatural. Our tape in HotHeads Hair extensions, will give you a natural look, for an affordable price.
- First appointment typically about an hour
- Choose your length
- Adds volume to your hair
- Can reuse extensions up to 3x
- Easily remove without damage to your hair
- Easy to care for
- Lasts 6 - 8 weeks
To have this look book a consultation with us. 860-344-8677
Book before October 5 and get 4 adjustments for $750 that’s a $250 savings!
Here’s what satisfied customers have to say about their HotHeads Hair Extensions
“So easy, the whole appointment only took an hour”
“Adds the thickness and volume, I was looking for”
HotHeads Hair Extensions FAQ’s
- Wait 24-48 hours before washing or chemically processing your hair.
- Use a soft, boar bristle brush; starting at the ends and working your way up, always brushing in a downward motion. Brush before shampooing to keep hair from matting.
- Use a good leave in conditioner from mid shaft to ends, keeping away from the tape tabs. For best results use Hotheads products to keep extensions feeling soft and looking sleek and healthy.
- Wear your hair in a pony tail when swimming, exercising and sleeping.
- Have a licensed professional remove and reapply your extensions.
- Use any products containing alcohol, oil, or ethanol. Alcohol based products are drying to the hair and can compromise the strength of the adhesive bond.
- Brush hair harshly.
- Go to bed with your hair wet.
- Chemically process your hair at home. Rely on your salon professional for any services while wearing extensions.
- Remove your extensions yourself.
- Apply higher than 250°F/ 121°C when applying heat to Fantasy and Pastel Hairblend colors.
How long do the extensions last?
6 to 8 weeks varying on the client’s hair growth. This is recommended to eliminate matting, frizzing and tangling, and ensures the extension is always fresh and close to the scalp. They can be reapplied up to 3 times for a total of about 6-8 months of wear; this is recommended so that the extension bond remains seamless.
Is it Human Hair?
Our extensions are 100% Remy human hair, meaning the cuticle is intact and the hair is placed with the cuticle all facing the same direction. Benefits to this are no matting, tangling or short hair returns.
Our fantasy color hair is a blend of temperature safe synthetic and human hair. Bright colors typically have drastic fading within one to two shampoos and this blend allows the colors to remain vibrant. This product can be ironed and blown out just like regular human hair products.
This product can be ironed and blown out just like regular human hair products, but should not exceed a maximum of 250°F/ 121°C.
Can you color it?
There are over 50 colors that can be blended to over 1000 different shades. If you are unable to blend to create your desired shade you can deposit color up to two levels darker. We do not recommend that you lighten the extensions.
Can you iron, curl or blow dry the hair?
Yes. **Please note: Concentrated heat applied to the tabs can make the adhesive tacky.
For Fantasy and Pastel Hairblend colors do not exceed a maximum of 250°F/ 121°C.
Can I swim, exercise or go in the sauna?
We recommend applying and leaving in Hotheads Smooth Conditioner prior to swimming. This nourishes the hair and allows it to absorb the moisture. This prevents the hair from absorbing harmful elements, such as chlorine and minerals. Hair tangles when dirt and sweat build up so we advise you to wear their hair up or in a ponytail when exercising or relaxing in a sauna. Be sure to wash your hair after working out, as well as brushing before and after exercising. Exposing extensions to sunscreen may cause discoloration.
Can my roots be retouched while the extensions are in the hair?
Yes, roots can be retouched. It is recommended that roots be done 24 to 48 hours prior to application. If roots need to be done between extension services and there is enough new growth to keep the color off of the tabs, we suggest doing a partial retouch along with the hair line.
Please Note: For those who have a compromised immune system, and aren’t comfortable coming in. We are still offering at home root hair color.
Please call us at 860-344-8677 if you are having trouble booking online. We are able to make some accommodations that our software doesn’t allow.
Looking forward to seeing you.