Q&A with Hairstylist Cathy of Jessica’s Color Room
We recently interviewed our newest hairstylist Cathy who has been a colorist and stylist for over 20 years. Her talent and drive to always make sure our guests are happy are just some of the reasons we are so glad she joined us.
1. How did you get started in the hairstyling industry?
My brother-in-law was an amazing hairstylist, and I watched him growing up, which inspired me to do the same.
2. What are you known for at the salon?
I would say that I am known for highlights and how fast and efficient I am at applying them to hair.
3. What’s your proudest professional accomplishment?
I think just my career in general. Being able to do what you love for over 25 years is a pretty good accomplishment. If you love what you do, you don’t work a day in your life, right?
4. How do you build relationships with your clients?
I listen. I think it’s very important to listen to clients but sometimes you have to steer them in a different direction to get exactly what really looks good on them.
5. What is your favorite hair trend right now?
Well, it’s Fall, so everyone is going a little darker, and I favor the red tones right now.
6. What inspires you most about working for Jessica’s Color Room?
The camaraderie inspires me the most. I am very impressed with everyone who works here and how friendly and warm they have been to me since I started at the salon.
7. What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to cook and bake. I am a crazy plant lady. I have plants all over my house.
If you are interested in booking an appointment with Cathy, please click here or call 860-344-8677.
Stay Connected with Us!